Different Types Of Iron Oxide Powder
Iron Oxide Powder consists of iron and oxygen compound. They occurred naturally from the soil or in chemical deposits like rocks and mountains.
Iron Oxide Powder consists of iron and oxygen compound. They occurred naturally from the soil or in chemical deposits like rocks and mountains. Iron Oxide Powder plays a key role in industry, cosmetics and art. Many manufacturers rely on them to add pigments and to supply certain electronic and magnetic properties. There are different types of Iron Oxide Powder available in the market. Some are highlighted below.
Types Of Iron Oxide Powder
* Red Iron Oxide (Fe2O3) – Red Iron Oxide Powder is an inorganic compound and is one of the three main oxides of iron. It is generally used in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries as a coloring agent. It is often called as rust but in medical term, it is called as hydrated ferric oxide.
* Yellow Iron Oxide (FeO (OH)) – Yellow Iron Oxide is also called as Goethite and is mainly found in soil and in other low temperature environment. Since ancient times, yellow iron oxides are used as paint pigments. They come in two varieties that are Yellow Ochre and Natural Yellow Iron Oxide. They are used in food, cosmetics and in some tattoo inks.
* Black Iron Oxide (FeO) - It occurs in nature as the magnetite mineral and act as a conversion coating, to prevent iron materials from corrosion, such as copper, alloy, zinc, silver etc. To get rid of corrosion, one needs to saturate oil or wax in black iron oxide. It is widely used in industry coating, anti-rust, tinting of the concrete floor etc.
* Micaceous iron oxide (Crystalline Fe2O3) – Micaceous Iron Oxide is a unique mineral, which is different from other iron ore. It is used to protect structural steel work from being corroded. It played a pivotal role in the area where durability and reliability are important which includes, bridge, oilrig, equipment of electrical and industrial etc.
* Magnetic Iron Oxide ( Fe3O4) – Magnetic Iron oxide occurs in cubic system of masses and in sand in the form of crystals. It becomes a powerful podium in diverse biomedicine, which includes, biological sensing, hyperthermia, gene delivery etc. Furthermore, it also used as a pigment for magnetic applications, polishing, cosmetics, medicines, building etc.
Aforementioned are the different varieties of Iron Oxide Powder, which have different uses and functions based on its properties. It is widely used in beauty products because of non-toxic factors. Moreover, Iron Oxide Powder is also used in pharmaceuticals, steel and iron industries, polishing, magnetic recording and many more. Iron oxides are considered as one of the safe ingredients.
This article comes from storify edit released